Monday 15 November 2010

Scrappies.

During my stay at home this weekend, my mum and I decided to visit a nearby town called Church Stretton. A few people had really recommended I visit a junk shop there, which was apparently ‘right up my street’. After a challenging mission trying to track down the place, we eventually located Scrappies. It was an incredible place! As I’m currently on the look-out for ideas of collections for my Pop-Up 2 project I couldn’t quite believe that I had stepped into an 'aladins warehouse' full of collected random items. Barrels of coloured lids, zips, corks, watch straps, fabric scraps, plant pots, nurse’s uniforms, empty frames, pen lids etc etc. You name it, they had it. It’s so interesting how an object which can appear rather boring on its own can look absolutely mind-boggling when presented in hundreds. I couldn’t resist taking pictures of some of the ‘junk’, which as well as being seriously inspiring, is also ridiculously cheap! I will definitely be revisiting this place.





No comments:

Post a Comment